According to EPA, Buildings account for:
- 36 percent of total energy use and 65 percent of electricity consumption
- 30 percent of greenhouse gas emissions
- 30 percent of raw materials use
- 30 percent of waste output (136 million tons annually)
- 12 percent of potable water consumption
It’s clear, then, that increasing the efficiency of our homes and buildings can produce a tremendous impact. On this website, you’ll read about Steps You Can Take—@ Home, and can also find information regarding increasing your home’s energy performance.